“Invest in your skin. It is going to represent you for a very long time” – Linden Tyler
Did you know that sensitive skin reacts very badly to sunlight? It also feels the same about chemicals found in some skin care products and when too much of makeup is used for a longer period of time. Dehydration is also one of its biggest enemies. Plus, when you have delicate skin, it means that you are really prone to dryness, itchiness and redness. Of course, the level of sensitivity differs from person to person. All these factors make sensitive skin a real challenge to look after. This is especially true during the hot and humid months of the year when it needs extra care and special attention. Here are a few must-do tips to follow to keep your sensitive skin problem-free, fresh and beautiful, all season long.
- Wash your face regularly during the day – This is one of the main ways to look after sensitive skin as it ensures that all dirt, grime and most importantly sweat is taken off your face. It also unclogs pores.
- Pamper your skin constantly – Sensitive skin tends to get irritated as soon as you step into the sun. Yet, keeping fresh and smelling good is vital in all kinds of weather. Enjoy amazing smelling skin by using products that are specially designed for sensitive skin. Yardley’s new Sensitive Skin Body Sprays are 100 percent skin friendly and have a special quick dry formula, perfect for summer. They smell divine, too.
- Give Yourself A Fruity Treat – If you have sensitive skin, it is essential you treat it naturally with fruits during the hot season. A great option to keep all those skin problems at bay is fruit packs. They cool your face and body and even help to give your skin a glowing, fresh look.
- Use home remedies to exfoliate sensitive skin – Here is a great one. Mix half a cup of sugar with about two tablespoons of olive oil to exfoliate and bind moisture to skin. Rinse and then apply freshly squeezed lemon juice with a cotton pad. Leave this on for 5 to 7 minutes and then rinse with cool water and moisturize with a good body lotion. Yardley’s range of body lotions is amazing. They pamper your skin with enriching ingredients like Aloe Vera, Silk Proteins and Grape Seed extracts and have an active moisture replenishment system, which revitalises dry and sensitive skin.
- Water is ambrosia for sensitive skin – In hot weather, it is vital to stay hydrated. Otherwise, it could result in your skin becoming dry and itchy, and if you have sensitive skin, you will suffer more. So drink plenty of water, at least eight glasses each day, to keep your skin moisturized from the inside out.
- Always do a skin test – Before using a new product do a patch test on the back of your arm. After the appropriate period of time, if your skin remains the same, it is safe to use it. But, if your sensitive skin reacts and becomes irritated, don’t use it. This is where Yardley’s new Sensitive Skin Body Sprays are perfect. Not only do they have the most wonderful fragrance, they also have a premium silicon base and contain no alcohol content, whatsoever. Perfect to keep you smelling fresh and lovely all summer long.
- Use sunscreen every day – Regardless of your skin type, sunscreen is very important to protect skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays. If you have sensitive skin, ensure to use a non-comedogenic SPF paraben and fragrance-free one. Also remember, the higher the SPF, the more irritating it can be. So use one that is SPF 30 as it blocks 97% of UV rays.
Like anything worthwhile in life, taking care of sensitive skin requires lots of patience. The good news is, once you know how to take care of it, nothing will prevent you from enjoying healthy, glowing skin, every day of the year, no matter what the weather!